Tuesday, November 4, 2008

BARACK THE VOTE!





  Here we go! Today is one of the biggest days of the rest of our lives. We can either do what we think is right, or sit back and let someone else determine our future.  As we all know we are faced with a huge decision by selecting our next President. We all have been witnessing the build up of the most important election of our time. The battle between parties and candidates, the jokes on television shows and the heated debates. I can confess that this election is the 1st election that i feel involved. I feel like my vote matters today! I can care less about what happened in the past with President Bush, I can't change that. But I do know that today I can change tomorrow.  In this day and time we as people all know that our eyes are being covered, mouths being shut and ears clogged with what the media builds as the biggest crisis in our lives, the war and our economy. Grant it that those two things are important in our world and needs to be changed but at the end of the day, we have learned from the past reign in the white house that our voices fall short to the decision makers of the house. They can listen but after all the final decision is there's no matter what!  For that reason, I'm focusing on something different in this election that the media isn't glorifying.  I see a man who is  on the verge of bringing a country together and sitting the race card aside. It started out as a black man running for President but now it's "Obama's" running for President.  Yes it will be history when he makes it in the White House, but I'm looking forward to the people of our world seeing a man that will bridge the gap in our communities as a start and then working to make things better in foreign policies. Today is a great day in America no matter who you voted for and today we have a chance to come together in America and see the change begin!



No comments: