Saturday, November 22, 2008

OVER BEFORE IT BEGUN?

  First off let me add that this is strictly from my perspective. If you agree, cool, if not so what! Leave a comment and we can discuss it. You have the right to speak back, sheesh... After all, Obama is the President elect! Lol. Anyway... at the time that i wrote this, the Washington Wizards were 1-10 (just lost to the New York Knicks tonight) and to me is no surprise! Let me add that I am not a basketball fan but still a student of the game. I'm not trying to get in the league at this point but had my attempts at it in my day. I am cool with my situation and have enough experience in the game to say what i am about too. Now, let's start with the players. From top to bottom to name a few, here is my ranking of skill and game on this team, Gilbert, Caron, Jamison, Mcgee and after that take your pick. At the top Gil! We know his situation and hey, I'm glad that he got his money because these owners and franchises have no loyalty to anyone. Gilbert played the game and at the end of the day he won! He was a very good player before the injury and he is man enough to not let them rush him back. He understands that time heals and a speedy return will only keep him from continuing his career at the top of his game. Let's say that Gilbert has returned and that he's healthy, the Wizards ,may not be 1-10 but I don't think that they would be a top of they're division either. Two reasons, Ego and no winning experience. Gilbert and Caron are very good players and had great college careers, neither has experienced playing on a winning NBA franchise. That's this teams missing ingredient. Caron has the best skill package on the team, but without Gil, he has no one to compliment him. Jamison would be great coming off the bench in Cleavland or or playing for New Jersey. McGee has a great upside! When he learns the game and learns to channel his energy and develop a comfort zone, this kid is going to be good. Anyone I left out needs not to be talked about. The Wizards are doing them a favor. This year we are seeing a team that has no chemistry and can't figure the game out. It's because of lack of leadership and it starts at the top. The GM and player personnel for the Wizards has to be the worse. I wanna know the thought process when they signed these players. I guess winning wasn't in mind. I am no one to prove wrong, but prove the city wrong. These guys play hard every night but in the NBA, everyone plays hard and it's a game of chess. You can't play chess with all Pawns, and you can't play basketball in the NBA with no leader. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What you said in your blog is true and they might need to follow in New York's footstep and look to trade in the future

Anonymous said...

I love the bullets! But I hope that we come in dead last place this season that way will get a TOP 5 pick in the draft and not a middle of the draft bust.